Summer Gas Boiler Tips
Oh Summer, you fickle thing, how you like to play your little games with us. ‘Ooh, it’s here! Oh, no it isn’t’ you know, that kind of thing…Summer may be unreliable, but our summer gas boiler tips aren’t, so if you want to find out the best way to treat your boiler this season, then read on…
- Arrange a boiler service. Us humans like to think we’re unique, but in truth, we always follow certain patterns of behaviour. Most people like booking their annual gas boiler service in the winter, but why not do it in the summer when you’re more likely to get a quick appointment and it’s cheaper? This should also safeguard against the boiler breaking down when you really need it and waiting for an appointment slot in the depths of winter.
- Use a plumber/company whose RGII certified to carry out your gas boiler service – like us!
- If you like to turn your boiler off completely over the summer months, then it’s a good idea to turn it on every couple of weeks or so to ensure it’s working. Dirt and debris can build up in boilers that are left dormant for long periods, which isn’t something you want to find out once the cold weather comes! Leave your boiler on for at least five minutes to give the system time to properly start.
- Adjust the heating and water controls rather than turning your boiler off completely. You can turn the thermostat on the hot water right down and set the heating to come on low in the late hours on a chilly night. This also means you don’t have to keep remembering to turn your boiler on to check it works.
- If you really can’t bear to have the heating on, turn the heating off on your boiler and just keep the hot water on, but remember to check the heating function every two to three weeks.
- If you have an ancient boiler that costs you a lot in heating bills, why not arrange for a replacement over the summer? There are government schemes that can help with the cost of installing energy efficient products in your home, which will help save you money on your energy bills in the long run. Doing it over the summer months also means it’ll have less of an impact on your day to day life.
Why G.S.L. are Perfect Gas Boiler Plumbers
Here at G.S.L. we’re not the bragging types, but gas boiler plumbers are one thing we know. All of our technicians are qualified to work competently and safely on gas boilers and gas appliances, and we also work professionally and efficiently. We have over thirty years of experience in the industry, and care about our good name and our customers. If you want to book in a summer gas boiler service or have any other issues or questions regarding your boiler or gas appliance, then please give us a call today. We cover both the North and South of Dublin.