Boiler Service vs. Safety Check
When it comes to arranging your annual boiler service, it’s important that you get it right. Gas boilers in the wrong hands can be lethal at worst, and at best, ridiculously expensive.
As you search the internet on your quest to find an engineer, or a company, who will service your boiler for a reasonable price, you will come across some companies who are offering an important annual safety check for far lower a price than their competitors offer a boiler service for. Unscrupulous companies will quite happily lead you to believe that a safety check is all you need, but this is not the case. When looking for a company to carry out your boiler service, be sure to check their credentials.
Why should I arrange a boiler service?
For the very same reasons you would have your car serviced annually, you should arrange an annual boiler service. A regular boiler service will:
- Make your boiler safer – carbon monoxide leaks aren’t often detected until the damage has been done; regular servicing helps prevent the kind of malfunctions that cause dangerous (and sometimes fatal) carbon monoxide leaks
- Prolong the life of your boiler – just as regular servicing keeps your car on the road longer
- Reduce the likelihood of breakdowns – boiler breakdowns are expensive, and inconvenient. Nobody wants to be left without heating or hot water when they least expect it.
- Ensure your boiler is burning gas efficiently, keeping your home warm and saving you money
- Save you money in the long term, due to less call-out fees, repair costs, and more efficient heating
What is a gas safety check?
A safety check involves the engineer checking the various safety devices of the gas boiler, making sure there are no dangerous carbon monoxide leaks, and that the boiler is generally in safe working order. A safety check, although important, is not enough on it’s own to ensure that your boiler is running efficiently, or to help prevent expensive repairs later on. Don’t be fooled into thinking that dirt cheap boiler safety check is enough – and a company who tries to persuade you that it is enough shouldn’t be allowed near your boiler anyway.
What is a boiler service?
A boiler service, like that offered by Gas Services LTD, includes a gas safety check. However, it also includes cleaning of various components, testing of important parts of the boiler and thorough checking for possible problems that could arise in the near future. A boiler service once a year can make a big difference to how much your boiler costs to run, how efficiently it heats your home, and how much it costs you in repair and call-out fees.
If you’re worried about the financial side of a boiler service, consider taking out boiler insurance which will not only cover the costs of your annual service and safety check, but will save you a fortune in call-out and repair fees throughout the year.